Develop a component or pattern
Anyone can work on something in the NHS digital service manual community backlog.
How to work on a new thing
1. Sign up to work on a thing in the backlog
- Anyone can work on items marked as "To do" in the community backlog.
- If you see something you'd like to work on, email the team at email@example.com.
- If you have an idea for something that's not in the backlog, you can propose it.
2. Plan your work with the service manual team
- After you've emailed them, a member of the team will get in touch to arrange a kick-off chat.
- The team will help you scope and plan your contribution. You'll also be able to discuss any support you might need.
- If you're happy to go ahead, the team will assign the issue to you in the backlog.
3. Research and develop your contribution
- While you're working on your contribution, you can contact the service manual team if you need any help.
4. Send your contribution for review
- All work must meet the contribution criteria before it can be published. The service manual team will use the criteria to review your contribution.
- To arrange a review, tell the team your contribution is ready.
- If there's anything else to do, the team will share some recommendations.
- If the work is ready to be published, the service manual team will help you get it live.